Last year this tree was adorned with baubles. This year it’s festooned with twinkly lights as a makeshift Advent tree for the boys.
I picked the little bags up from Ikea and am filling them with the obligatory sweet treats mixed in with special ‘activity’ treats for weekends and Friday nights.
On the list we have:
- curling up to watch Christmas movies with popcorn
- collecting the Christmas tree - this weekend, SO excited!
- visiting Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland - again, this weekend!
- baking jewel biscuits to hang on the tree
- a trip to the open-air ice rink as the sun sets
- making mince pies
- making paper snowflakes
- making gingerbread houses
- the first clue for our Christmas Eve Treasure Hunt
Linking up with Lou’s little advent linky - such creative ideas going on over there I can tell you!