“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
It was jolly nice earlier this month to be the recipient of a Liebster Award from Bee at The Linen Cloud. Thanks Bee!
So, in the Liebster spirit, here are 11 random things about me:
- When I was 19, I moved to Madrid with no money, no job and nowhere to live. I stayed until just before my 21st birthday. Best time of my life.
- I have a strong aversion to bird feathers.
- I once got kicked out of a Marillion after-show party for being too rowdy (no reflection on my music taste, honest).
- My mum wanted to call me Anna and now sometimes uses that as a nickname for me instead.
- I got engaged to my husband at Niagara Falls.
- I once bumped into Yoko Ono coming out of the apartment complex she lived in with John Lennon in New York.
- I wear my grandmother’s gold wedding band which she wore every day for 81 years before me.
- I have the most appalling memory - the more momentous the event, the more likely I am to forget it. Honestly…
- I can’t stand Bakewell tart. Even the thought of it makes me wince.
- My favourite piece of music is Pink Floyd’s Comfortably Numb.
- I took to the skies and flew a plane on my thirtieth birthday. Never felt so sick….
And here are my answers to Bee’s 11 questions:
1. What did you want to be when you were little? A graphic designer or an artist. I spent ages doodling in bubble writing and inventing new fonts as a child.
2. What is your favourite flower? Hyacinths for their scent, gerberas for their gravity-defying stems and hydrangeas because they look just as beautiful when they’ve all dried up as when they’re in full bloom.
3. What is your most vivid memory from childhood? Spending nights at my nan’s house, eating toasted cheese sandwiches in her ‘good’ room and sleeping in a giant bed that had been warmed with an electric blanket. Precious memories.
4. You are invisible for a day, where would you go and what would you do? To Nigella’s house. I would be intrigued to know if she is as delectably perfect in real life or if she actually slams in ready meals and is short with her children like the rest of us ;)
5. If you could choose to live anywhere, where would it be? Montreal. I’d quite like an apartment there like Robert De Niro’s in The Score.
6. What book would you happily read again and again? Danny Champion of the World by Roald Dahl. It’s utterly brilliant.
7. If you were an animal what would you be? A horse, because I’d have a chance to get out and about and being tall, I’d get to nose over walls and check out people’s houses.
8. What is your desert island essential? Pictures of my family and drawings by my two boys so I would always have a part of them all with me.
9. Are you an early riser or a night owl? A night owl definitely. It is rare that I am asleep before midnight, something which I curse myself for each morning.
10. Do you have a favourite quote or saying? I am pretty keen on the 52 Weeks of Happy quote: “the happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.”
11. Sweet or savoury, which couldn’t you like without? I’m ashamed to say sweet. I wish it was savoury but alas no, chocolate wins out every time.
And my 11 questions in turn are:
- What is your favourite film?
- Best holiday memories?
- If you could shadow someone for a day, who would you choose and why?
- Are your a town or country person?
- What is the best place you have lived and why?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years time?
- What is your favourite book?
- What is the best thing about blogging for you?
- Whose style do you admire and why?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- Chocolate or cheese?
And the delicious people I am passing this award onto are:
All blogs which I enjoy immensely and which are well worth a peruse. I’m looking forward to reading your answers if you have the time, energy and inclination to join in (and haven’t done so before) to spread the Liebster love a bit further!