I like the ritual of a weekly linky. Last year I photographed weekly shots for Nature in the Home and came to the end of the 52 Weeks of Happy project. This year, I’m putting my hand up as the new girl in the delightful Em’s (she of the Beetle Shack) Stills project.
A weekly collection of images, posted each Sunday. Not quite a daily documentation, more a hint of the every day, a prompt for me to watch and capture the bits of life that happen as we rub along together in our little world. These are my first shots (a little late, but who’s counting?).
1. The first hyacinths of the season for me. Plonked on the table as the perfect antidote to packing away Christmas last week.
2. The nightly ritual of lighting a candle and opening a good book.
3. Fireside reading.
4. The daily list of gear to take to school. By the back door as a last-minute check-list. Now if only I’d consult it once in a while…
5. Morning light. And yes, I did smirk that the forgotten-ball-under-the-bed tones nicely with my bedlinen.
6. Airing the spare bedroom for a grandparent visit next week.
Joining in with The Beetle Shack’s Stills: A Weekly Collection linky